Friday, August 1, 2014

Review: Let Love Live by Melissa Collins




Who would you become if you lost the only person who ever mattered?

For twenty-six year old Dylan Hopkins, the answer is easy. He’s become no one. Memories of the happier times are all he has left as he finds himself meandering numbly through his now dull life. Though he cares about his work and family dearly, he’s yet to let himself find love again. Afraid of letting go of what he once had, Dylan chooses to keep his heart buried, where it belongs, having died a long time ago.

Conner Michelson is about to change everything Dylan knows. He’s every bit the bad boy persona - tatted up, ex-MMA fighter, but after an injury leaves him unable to fight, he has to rethink his goals. Having just opened his own gym, Conner can cross his first major life accomplishment off his very short list. Next up: find a man he can settle down with and build a family. Seems simple enough - a dream most people have, but when he meets Dylan, his carefree, easy-going life is thrown into a tailspin.

Determined to keep Dylan in his life, Conner vows to resurrect Dylan's long ago buried heart and let love live once more.


Review:

Let Love Live deserves 10++ stars instead of the measly 5 we are allowed to give. I have always been a fan of M/M Romance books. This was my first book by Melissa Collins and I absolutely LOVED it. My heart raced, I felt the love through out, I cried, and then I felt the happiness. This book will take you through a whirlwind of emotions but they are all worth it. 

I loved Shane with a passion. I cried for him. My heart ached for him. I wish there could be more about him. I want more Shane. This man grabbed my heart from the very first page. Even at the end I felt for him and wanted more for him. God if it was only possible to jump in a book. Lol.

How to even explain about Dylan. Hot, sweet, and caring. He loved hard and carried blame even harder. How do we ever really get over our first true love? Dylan shows that though it is hard, with the right person it can be done. Possibly with a few bumps in the road. I loved Dylan and my heart ached for him. 

Then comes Connor. I wasn't sure at first about him because really, who can replace Shane??? It was hard at first for me to connect with Connor but by date three I was smiling and laughing and happy for them. Though Connor can never take place of my Shane he can be a close second. Lol. 

Not many people are fans of M/M books and that is understandable. But if you are going to take a chance on one, this would be a great first book. I have a few that I love and reread often and this has made it on that list. This will definitely be one that I pick up time and time again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment